Facebook updates

Close

ShareThis

01/07/2013

Woman super glues her mouth shut after she thought it was cold sore cream

A woman was rushed to a hospital after she mistakenly super glued her mouth shut, according to hospital officials in New Zealand.Hospital officials said that the woman accidentally glued her lips shut with super glue last week after she thought that the super glue was a cold sore cream. Unable to speak, she called police for
help, but she could only grunt on the phone.

The woman, 64, is now well, but had some disturbing moments. It happened at night when she woke up and decided to apply a cold sore cream to her lips. The problem was that she was used a tube of super glue instead.

She applied the glue to her lips, unknowingly shutting her mouth. To make matters worse, she had a cold, and that caused her not to be able to breathe easily from the nose. the woman said that she realized what she’d done shortly thereafter and quickly became very frightened.

”I woke up, I think minutes later, to have a drink and could not open my mouth,” the woman said. “I panicked. I thought I was going to die,” she said.

She was all alone, and her call to police also became a terrifying experience. “All I could do was grunt,” she said. “They asked where I lived, and all I could say was ‘mmmmmm’. I was gagging. I felt like I was going to vomit. I was panicking. I could not open my mouth,” the woman recalled.

The alert operator told the growling woman to tap on the nozzle using the phone to answer yes or no and she managed to get the address of the woman. Before an ambulance arrived, a police officer arrived, sent by the operator concerned that the woman was a victim of a crime.

The officer calmed the woman down and when the ambulance arrived moments later she was taken to Dunedin Hospital where doctors use paraffin oil to unseal her lips. “It was wonderful,” she said. “I thought, ‘Praise the Lord’,” she added.
When I got home, I threw the glue in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...