Facebook updates

Close

ShareThis

05/08/2013

Boy with tail gains worshippers in India

Arshid is a 12-year-old boy who is being worshiped as a living god in India.Arshid Ali Khan is worshipped as the living incarnation of the Hindu monkey god Hanuman, and has faithful followers who refer to him as “Balaji,”Doctors have a different, less spiritual, theory: The appendage is actually meningocele, a rare form of spina bifida that causes the spine to grow abnormally.

Although medical experts believe Khan should have the “tail” removed because he risks further medical problems, he is philosophically opposed to it.

“I love my tail. It’s a gift from God. It’s unusual, but people respect me and bow before me because of it,” he said, according to the Sun. “I feel special.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...